Welcome Friends & Relatives!

We created this site in hopes of not jamming your email full of pics of our pride and joy. Enjoy and behold the wonder that is our son!

Monday, November 7, 2011

30 Days of Thanksgiving: November 7

Day 7:  I am thankful for stress. I know it's an odd thing for which to be thankful so I'll explain. The last few weeks have been a bit more stressful for me between sickness (Evie with pneumonia, Sofi with a really bad cold, half the family had a stomach bug, etc.), church events, household chores, and a couple of sewing jobs. This morning, the Lord gave me a little bit of extra perspective on stress by reminding me of a verse, "But He knoweth the way that I take: when He hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold." (Job 23:10) I may be taking it slightly out of context but it's just the verse God gave me this morning.

Reasons that I'm thankful for stress:
  1. It reveals areas of weakness - just as the refining process brings the imperfections to light and removes them, stress shows me areas of weakness (sins, incompetence, etc.) that I might seek to work on those areas.
  2. It reveals areas of strength - stress will help to encourage me by reminding me of the things that I do well, just as gold after the refining process reveals the best.
  3. It reminds me of how blessed I truly am - this time it was a reminder that I really do have the most wonderful husband in the world. 

No comments: