Welcome Friends & Relatives!

We created this site in hopes of not jamming your email full of pics of our pride and joy. Enjoy and behold the wonder that is our son!

Sunday, November 20, 2011

30 Days of Thanksgiving: November 18-20

Things have been a little crazy so I've gotten behind on posting my "Thanksgiving" posts.

Day 18: Today I was thankful for some quality time with my family. I enjoyed spending some time at the Chula Vista Resort and Waterpark with the Jared, the kids, and my BIL, SIL, and their kiddos.

Day 19: I am thankful today for the prayers of children. There is something about hearing a child pray that just makes me smile. They are so honest, simple, trusting, and sincere. I think that God truly delights in answering the prayers of children. For instance: last year Reagan prayed that God would give us another baby (after I told him that I was not ready for another one so he'd have to talk to God about wanting one). 6 weeks later we found out that we were expecting Sofia. Then this morning while sitting at the resort eating breakfast I told the kids that we should pray for Daddy (Jared) to get a deer or two (being it was opening day and Jared's only chance to hunt). Without hesitation Amelia bowed her head, closed her eyes, folded her hands, and prayed, "Fadder, daddy shoot deer, aaaamen." Reagan and Evie also prayed. 15 minutes later I got a text message from Jared, it said, "got one...doe." :o)

Day 20: I am thankful for a time of refreshment. Amelia and Sofia took very long naps yesterday at the resort and my SIL (and her sister) so graciously offered to take Reagan and Evie down to the waterpark along with her kiddos while they napped. It allowed me some time to spend reading and relaxing in peace and quiet. :o)

No comments: